saddlesore, I went to the muzzle breaks on everything, from 223 to 7 stw, all guns shoot better, or I shoot them better.

I hunted for years off horses and mules with a 26" browning A Bolt 7 mag, Plus a 3" muzzle break, it just stuck out the bottom of the scabbard. We usually shot from one ridge to the sunny adjacent ridge laying on the ground using a Harris Bi pod for support. As the ranges got long while shooting across the windy canyons, we could see our bullet impact immediately, and could compensate on a follow up shot if needed. This would not have been possible with a rifle without a brake. We could also see the bullet impact on the animal, and immediately would know if it was a good or bad hit(wind does strange things).

I use the Peltor Tac 6 ear muffs, but 2 pair at around $69. The Tac 6 are very thin, and they will not contact the stock. You will not believe how much was going on that you never heard previously! You will hear more deer grunting and snort wheezing that you ever thought possible.