Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Originally Posted by huntsonora
Originally Posted by Snyper
Originally Posted by huntsonora
Snyper, Chris never claimed to be the best sniper in US military history. Others may have but Chris never did.

The man he looked up to and the man he said was the best was Carlos Hathcock. He said what Carlos did in the jungle trumped what he did in the cities.

That's what I'm saying too, but some seem to have trouble understanding it.

He wasn't that great a "sniper"

He just shot a lot of people because of the circumstances, not because he was such a great shooter

Don't kid yourself, Chris could shoot. You say he wasn't a "great sniper" because he was in an urban environment but there are challenges in the urban environment that you don't face in the rural environment and vice versa.

Chris killed a man at 1920 meters and only 7 men have longer confirmed kills. Chris was an incredible sniper

The point I was making was that Chris himself said that Carlos Hathcock was the very best

According to a book review on The Shooter�s Log:
Kyle�s nickname was �Ninja Smoke� because when paperwork or administrative duties came up, poof he would disappear and stick someone else with doing the boring stuff. �

His greatest skill was for being in the right place at the right time. He saw more targets that met the rules of engagement than anyone else, so he shot more targets than anyone else did.

Too bad he hadn't been aroun in a different era. He would have saved the taxpayers a lot of money instead of paying out to the Weaver family.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn