Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by xxclaro
What do you guys use to sharpen knives in the field? At home I have a hard felt wheel on a bench grinder that I use with a honing compound, but would like something portable too. I am really bad for losing things like knives, so I don't spend a lot of money on them. A Mora or some of the yellow handled Henkels from Cabela's are what I'll most likely have with me. Plenty god for a deer or two, but I'd like something to touch up in the field or sharpen it back up when I do something stupid. Any suggestions?

Oh good, since others have pointed out that you don't have any idea how to use or sharpen a blade, and that your blades are of inherently inferior materials, as theirs are not the same and thus are to be instantly recognised as superior design, build quality, colour, and shape...and they automatically endow their users with a longer penis (or two).

For the rest of we poor uneducated saps that have been using knives for a lifetime (and obviously doing it wrong), it is a simple thing to carry a Case Moon Stick or a similar ceramic sharpening stick in the paddock, I suggest this as the ceramic sticks allow for use as a small butcher's steel and are light to carry.

This is as simple and easy as the afore-mentioned Gerber steel and the Schrade version...and as the knives in question are not comprised of a fractured titanium frame housing a depleted uranium core supporting a nano-derived diamond filament edge, in BLAZE ORANGE, each of these units will suffice.

thank you
knives bring out the who has got the biggest pecker crowd.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO