Goin' elk hunting this November. The boy drew his AZ U10 late rifle tag we've been putting him in for the past 8 years.

Have spent the last month looking at maps, handloading, buying chit I "need" wink , getting packs together, truck cleaned out, organized, and loaded up.

Spent the last 6 months getting in shape. Can't say that had everything to do with my son's elk hunt, as I started getting in shape before we knew he drew his tag. BUT, was due to my nephew's elk hunt last year I helped out on. Got my azz handed to me on that hunt, and decided it would never happen again. Have dropped 38 lb's so far, and plan on dropping the last 13 or so before we head out in November. Damn near in the best shape I've ever been in, with 3 more months to go.

Heading out next week for our first scouting trip. Kid is flying in from Kansas Tuesday. Once we're out, going to get him throwing a couple hundred rounds downrange at the 10" gong out to 500 yards from field positions over the course of the week.

Then I will be heading out over deer season, same unit, as I (and my nephew) drew deer tags for that same unit. My mission during that trip will be primarily scouting locations for the elk hunt, secondly finding a buck for the nephew to hang a tag on, and lastly, should I glass up a nice buck, I'll see if I can hang my tag on it.

Finally, heading out week of Thanksgiving, one week before the boy's elk hunt, to try and locate the bulls in the previous areas we've scouted. Then the season opens day after Thanksgiving.

Guns are responsible for killing as much as Rosie O'Donnel's fork is responsible for her being FAT.