Originally Posted by T_O_M
I dunno. I have a week off but I haven't bought the tag. The last 2-3 times I went to do this hunt the people I was going with left me kind of hung out to dry. It's not a whole lot of fun by myself. I'm tired of getting all jacked up to go then getting let down. At the same time it's "their" spot in the sense they showed it to me so I don't feel right about bringing someone else there.

Elk hunting is kinda [bleep]ed. I'd like to kill one with a handgun, kill one with a muzzleloader, then quit and go do something else.

Tom

Tom, I'm sorry to hear that. Sometimes it takes years to find the right elk hunting partner. I realize you can do this on your own, but it's nice to have a committed partner that won't let you down. I've given up on 2 of my best friends because they can't be counted on and hunt with my ex-boss of all people. He's had partners in the past let him down, and so have I. You know the excuses: Well, I can't hunt this year because my wife wants to go to Mexico. Can't hunt this year because it's daddy daughter week at college, can't hunt this year because my dog died. My horse broke his leg...Blah blah blah... I do a lot better without all the drama. When it's time to go elk hunting, there's nothing that's going to stop me. Plain and fn simple...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA