Gotcha. Still, working with kids for that number of years would have me counting the days until I could pull the ripcord.

Ya, exactly why I avoid working grin I haven't had to think up new jokes for more'n a quarter century, in fact parents of my students can remember those jokes.

...and if it all gets too much, I only work 185 days a year, plus ten sick days (or more from the log of like four months of unused sick days I got piled up).

All ya really gotta do is like and respect the kids, most times they'll reciprocate, and then things go forward from there.

As to the Michael Brown thing, I HOPE that Cop really does have a permanent injury record like that, and I too wonder why photos of such ain't been released.

I seen a kid walking around with a probable broken orbital socket after a gang fight, he looked like he had a softball stuck under his skin where his eye should be. He was like fifteen at the time, and still throwing gang signs looking for another fight. A pity all that physical grit had to be wasted on something so stupid.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744