My brother and I both own Whitworths in .375 H&H. The action is a Zastava commercial Mauser that features CRF with all-steel construction, including the bottom metal. Both rifles are nicely finished and sport express sights, a barrel band with a sling swivel, and a trigger that is easily adjusted. Both actions cycle smoothly without any binding. The stocks are "Turkish" walnut that are well-figured and skillfully checkered. It is possible that the stocks were finished in England (as some have claimed), but I'm betting that they were only "inspired" by the English Whitworth style and were actually finished in the former Yugoslavia, just as the barreled actions were.

Both rifles are quite accurate with any load we've fed them and are responsible for three cape buffalos, a crocodile, and 2 Alaska brown bears, as well as smaller stuff like impala and nyala.

The main criticism I've heard from the DG purists is that the sliding safety only blocks the trigger, and that the gun would be more useful with a wing safety that disengages the sear. Personally, I think that falls into the realm of esoterica because we've had no accidental misfires with our Whitworths; in fact, the only issue I've ever had with a sliding safety was with a tang Ruger 77, and that was due to my monkeying with the sear engagement on one of the old-style triggers.

IIRC, Mule Deer also owns, uses, and likes his similar Whitworth as well.

I was hoarding when hoarding wasn't cool.