safariman,

I don't know about the Kimber Caprivi, but I do know the Montana 1999 and Dakota do NOT have the 98's locking angle behind the extractor claw that keeps it on the rim of a sticky case. That's one of the features making the 98 just a little more reliable than almost any other controlled-feed bolt action. I say "almost," because the only commercial CRF action I've found with the feature, other than commercial 98's like the FN and Mark X, is the CZ Magnum action, which is one reason my "big" rifle is a CZ .416 Rigby.

I have Gentry 3-position safeties on three of my commercial Mauser rifles: FN's barreled to 6.5x55 and .338 Winchester Magnum, and a Mark X .375 H&H. They work great, but I am not convinced the Model 70-type safety is the greatest on earth. Jeff Cooper picked the rocker-type safety on the 1917 Enfield, in the same position as the Rem. 700's, because it also locked the bolt down and cammed the firing pin back, but didn't require as much movement as the Model 70-type, and didn't stick out so far it could be inadvertently moved. The CZ has exactly that type of safety, which is why I have never changed the one on my .416. Unfortunately, nobody offers a 1917 safety for Mausers.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck