As far as the bolt/extraction and gas-blocking system goes, yes. But they don't have the firing-pin-blocking safety on the bolt sleeve, instead using a trigger-blocking safety to the right of the sleeve. But then neither do Mark X's.

There are some people who'd argue the only "real" 98's are military actions, with stripper-clip thumb slots in the receiver wall and simple 2-stage triggers. There are all sorts of degrees of 98-ness!

I must admit to preferring the military trigger, converted to a decent single-stage pull, for truly hard-use rifles. It's just about unbreakable, very weather-resistant, and in the event of a real disaster can easily be replaced in a few minutes by another military trigger that can be purchased for a few bucks. But I also have to admit I've never had any problems with the Timney, Mark X, or other "non-98" triggers on some of my other Mausers. Though I haven't hunted with them in Alaska or northern Canada, as I have with my .338 and its modified military trigger.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck