There's several loads mentioned here that I've used in my .44 rifles, pistols or both. Just for yucks, I'll post my observations.

28 grs H110 under a 200 gr JHP - Used this load from my 7.5" Redhawk on white tails. Lots of muzzle blast. Bullet (in my case it was a Nosler JHP) seemed to be a bit on the light side for deer. Penetration was less than expected, probably because of dramatic expansion and separation of core - smallish buck caught 2 of these bullets. I don't recall what this load chronied, but it has significant blast and was the most unpleasant load I've tried to date in my L framed model 69.

24 grs H110 under a 240 Remington SJHP - One of my favorite loads for hunting with my Redhawk, but I believe this bullet is a bit soft at rifle/carbine velocities, lack of penetration on average sized deer was apparent. Killed the deer, though. I think the XTP or Gold Dot would be a better bet on medium game.

21.5 grs. H110 under a 270 gr Speer GDSP. This load chronied just a hair over 1,600 fps from my short barreled Marlin 1894P. Great bullet for penetration with expansion, IMHO. Surprisingly, this load was noticeably less obnoxious from my model 69 than the 200 grain JHP over 28 grs H110.

21 grs. H110 over a Lee 310 gr WFNGC bullet cast of WW. Surprisingly accurate from my Redhawk and my Marlin 1894P. Speeds were just over 1,200 fps from the Redhawk and just a hair over 1,500 fps from the stubby, ported Marlin.

I gotta spend some time and get a bunch more of these bullets cast.

Not mentioned here, but just yesterday I loaded 189 240 gr RNFP commercial cast bullets over 9 grs Unique with a CCI 300 LPP in mixed brass. Speed measured at 10' from the 4.2" barrel of the model 69 were higher than expected at approx. 1,050 fps. This is just about what I was looking for as a general purpose load from this gun, so I consider that load a keeper.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile