Guys - I have to come clean and admit some things...

My search for a new shotgun is because my savage fox 12 ga SXS is wearing out and I need to find parts & gunsmith willing to work on it. My old retired gunsmith suggested to put the sxs out to pasture and get a quality O/U for high volume shooting.
I really enjoyed shooting my fox on trap and the fact I'm the only SXS shooter in the place. Its not a perfect grouse gun, but I like it and shoot it well.
Having said that - I got its little sister late last fall - a savage fox 20 gauage and shoot it as well and its a bit lighter.
So technically I am covered for grouse with the savage 20 and my 6.5# autoloader 12. The SXS is my wife's so I can use it when she's not using it AND I have her permission!

Your advice has told me:
Several places to shop have been PM"d to me. Thanks.

Other forums to read have been PM's to me. Thanks.

Pretty much stay with Browning or Beretta in my price range.

A good trap gun and grouse gun are different. I want one that leans towards hunting for now. I can grab my other two shotguns if the weight starts to hurt the grouse hunting.

I'm trying to replace the volumes of shotguns in my collection with one or two quality peices that I shoot well is a noble thought. I will have special puropose guns anyways.

You're all a bunch of gun buying enablers.

There I confessed.

Should I be ashamed?

Last edited by humdinger; 08/26/14.

Other than that, How was the show Mrs. Lincoln?