Originally Posted by Biebs
SW, I've had 3 different 600 OK rifles, 2 by Wayne at AHR and one from Bijou Creek. They are great rifles. Although you can, most folks don't load them up to 2,400 fps; 2,150 to 2,250 or so is about right and you don't need the big X-Brake hanging off the front of it like a grenade. Great Elephant rifle if you don't have to walk far, or have a tracker carry it. I had a 700 AHR as well, but between the weight of the rifle and the necessity of using the brake, it was a bit much for hunting.

Awesome, I know we were shooting the 900 woodleighs with IMR4350 but would be surprised if were much over 2000 fps. I enjoyed shooting the rifle all except it had a very light trigger that kind of spooked me a little when dry firing before I shot it. The AHR's are very nice, I was impressed. He left the brake off but I liked how they designed to be unnoticeable when it was not on the rifle.

I have to admit though of all my buddies big big bore I probably liked the Merkel 500 Nitro best for comfort of shooting and handling.

I don't know if I will ever own anything over my 375 H&H but it's fun to test drive all the others. I have to admit I would like to try the 700 now having shot the 600 OK.