Lots of great gear for a reasonalble price out there. For calls a DC200 duck commander is about as perfect a sounding duck call made, a haydel 85 and cajun squeal are good calls but the duck commander is a more simple to take apart and put back together call and it doesn't stick as much when cold.

Spinners can be ok for pulling ducks from a long ways but once they get close they sometimes flare ducks. I use a jerk string to add motion.

It can be as complex or as simple as you want, I like it simple. Instead of going to a large body of water and setting up 4 dozen decoys and calling like contest dumb azz I scout and find where they already want to be and set up there the next day.

The only time I use a single reed call is when I its windy or I'm forced to hunt big water. I use them then because I have one that is very loud. Any other time a double reed is fine.

For me, now some of these guys my disagree but I like big decoys. I had rather use 18 magnum decoys than 24 standard. And don't buy all the same brand. I buy half dozen at a time and different brands so a spread of 12 to 24 decoys have lots of different looking decoys not all the same.

Now on the gun spare no expense.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner