Originally Posted by huntsonora
Cooper ST Maxx or Goodyear DuraTrac. Had em both and both are fantastic tires.

The ST Maxx is heavy but the sidewall is STOUT! The DuraTrac doesn't have as stiff of a sidewall and is lighter. I went with the ST Maxx this go round just for that reason

I would steer very clear of the Duratracs if you have a lot of rocks where you drive.

Had a set on my Tacoma double cab 4x4. Didn't have a lot of miles on them. Had 3 out of 4 sidewall gashes / punctures on an elk hunt last year in a matter of days. They were the "c" rated Duratracs, but I was not going to try it again with the "e" rated tires. When I bought them, they were a fairly new tire without a lot of real world reviews. Google told the story when I got back. They're known for their sidewall issues now.

Lost one on the hunt to a 3/8" wet stick. Right through the sidewall. Lost tire since nobody will patch a sidewall. When they took the tires off I could not believe how thin they were. Pathetically thin.

They were pretty decent in the mud and in the rain, snow, ice. But they SUCK if you drive anywhere near anything sharp. Arizona's rocks ate those things alive. Same exact roads, trip after trip, many miles, with Bridgestone MT's, Firestone MT's, and now the Goodyear MTR's, and not a single issue.

I went with the Goodyear MT/R Kevlars this time around.

If you consider the Duratracs, don't even think about the "c" rated tire.

Guns are responsible for killing as much as Rosie O'Donnel's fork is responsible for her being FAT.