Originally Posted by Seafire
Great pics there Jim.... I use to spend a lot of time down there when in college....I enjoyed all the history "right there"....

Was back there in 2013 during September and with friends that live there went down to Boston Common and had a meal with Leighton...

We parked in the parking garage under the Commons...

When we got up to street level, on the Commons, they were having a rally to legalize marijuana, 40 yards away Barney Frank was getting ready to speak.. the rally also was for promotion of gay rights...

I hadn't been on Boston Commons for 35 plus years...going on close to 40....however when we got up to ground level, my first comment to my local friends was " well I see not much has changed in the last 40 years around here..."

Yeah, well that was then. Things have really changed since!

Funny co-inky-dink. I witnessed mobs of shytbirds in town today--many more than usual. The Common and the whole downtown crossing area was abuzz with the vermin. I actually saw a beggar's sign I'd not seen before, and snapped a shot. It's like the Dead were still alive, with their standard accompaniment of bums, failures, do-nothing layabouts and burnout hippie wannabes...

http://masscann.org/rally/

[Linked Image]