Originally Posted by Cheyenne
Originally Posted by safariman
Good wake up call here. I will go buy some FMJ 380 ammo and test fire mine right away. All it gets for maintenence is an occasional wipe down and some squirts of oil in places of moveing contact.

My personal policy is to shoot the gun with the ammo, dust, lint, etc. as carried since the last time it was loaded, without doing any type of special maintenance, manipulation or cleaning before firing. It gives me a more valid test of what the gun can tolerate in terms of daily wear and tear, increases my knowledge base of the gun, and increases my confidence in its reliability.

This is my normal MOA as well, but Buffalo Bore +P+ ammo is horribly expensive, hard to find, and REALLY HURTS my gout filled finger joints when fired! I do fire the guns I carry 'dirty asw carried' and my RIA 10mm never bobbles. P3AT has not failed to fire and function yet either, and I have made it a point to try and make it fail.

When I first boutght the little guy, I took it out to a rock quarry in 11 degree weather with a wind chill of much lower than that. Did not clean or lube it at all, jut took it out of the box, loaded it with about 6 different kinds of ammo through the morning and it ate them all up. Since that time it has fired everything else I have put through it. It fed and fired enough of the finger killin Buffalo Bore ammo that I have fiath it will go BANG when/if I need it to.

My experience with Kel Tecs is quite good. Our bedstand gun is an SU-16. Sherri's daily carry piece is a PF-9.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500