there is some good advice on here, some not so good. I have quite a few of the big bore revolvers. Some capable of "rock your boat" performance. I find very little need for that most of the time:
Isn't as pleasant to shoot
costs more
and for the majority of things isn't really needed.
My opinion only, but there are very few things that a 250 to 300grain whatever at about 1000fps won't take care of.
Lets see, isn't that kind of describing the .45colt since the 1800's.
I don't have a problem with recoil, or shooting the heavy stuff, just don't find in the majority of cases any need to do so.
I also remember reading somewhere that you should use .44special loads in .44special brass. Not in .44magnum brass. If loading .44magnum brass use the load data for that casing. I haven't always followed that in the past, and still have both hands, but I do now.
I don't hardly shoot anything other than my own cast bullets. And size diameter to bore is a lot more important than soft cast or hard cast. Wheelweights up to that 1000fps level properly sized to the gun and you will have no leading issues. I might add leading isn't a particular problem if you are aware of it and know how to clean the gun properly.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO