Originally Posted by AndySpencer
So the consensus is that it's bogus. The science behind it seemed convincing. The owner of the company denied it being 100 percent effective, but claimed a large percentage of odors were absorbed.

Just curious, did any of you actually try it? I'm not trolling, just curious if you've seen it fail in the field. Also, know of any studies showing its a sham?

It's really expensive and I'd have figured it would have been proven fake by now. It's been out for at least a decade I think.

It never mattered to me before, I was shooting a rifle from long way off. Just wanted to see what you more experienced bowhunters thought. Thanks fellas.

The product has been out for a long time, as a marketing standpoint it needs a certain percentage of consumers to believe the advertising to stay profitable.

The butt out tool has been around a long time too.

Besides evidence like Ingwe showed, the marketing claims belie the physics of charcoal. Charcoal absorbs contaminates from all over, not just your ass and armpits, and quickly. Once saturated it is ineffective. Reactivating charcoal takes a temperature of 600 to 900 degrees. The claim scent lok can be reactivated in the dryer is absolutely false, it also can't be reactivated in the washer with a secret formula.

Don't know what they claim now after losing a court case when some hunters sued them and won in federal court for false advertising.

And ya, I was given some once, didn't make a difference to elk... but my hunting partners commented on how my ass odor was pleasantly fresh...

Kent