Originally Posted by JJHACK
In my tree stands I have a thin piece of yarn hanging from a limb about eye level 18 feet high next to me to check the wind.

I have two others near ground level hanging from branches.

It's not at all unusual to have them pointing different directions or having one hanging dead still while others are moving with the breeze.

All three are within a 40 yard area. Funny how many times the one next to me is blowing right at the expected direction of game, but the one down on the trail is blowing and moving right in my direction.

Hang some yarn or ribbons in 3-4 locations. I doubt they will all be the same direction all the time. Unless a storm is blowing in.

I've also watched the smoke from my wind checker blow straight away and then swirl into another direction when 6-8 feet away.

Your mileage may vary.

This has been my experience, as well. Wind can shift and swirl all over the place. And, no, I'll never spend a cent on Scent-Crock...

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...