Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Originally Posted by Pappy348
I don't believe our boy is so inclined. He's decided to use BH, which precludes the sidelocks unless he gets a 209 conversion nipple. I think he wants it easy-peasy, which is fine. Everybody has their own pain threshold.

I read here in this thread all the drama related to inlines and related components. He may have made up his mind but the only pain one might experience with a rig such as I suggested happens if you are the target, or maybe shoot youself in the foot.

I agree that the setup you suggested is a good one, but maybe not as simple for a newbie as it seems to those of us that have been using this stuff for years. Tho OP wants to use a scope, which is awkward on a sidelock, and can't find BP locally. As a novice, buying a used, discontinued, sidelock is fraught with peril, as many have issues, such as pitted bores and split stocks that he has no experience with. He's pressed for time and just wants to hunt.

If he indicated that he wanted to go traditional, I would have suggested a Lyman Great Plains Rifle, or the Hunter version for conicals and sabots. They're good guns that are still in production. There are a lot of used TCs out there, but many are in bad shape. I bought a very clean .45 Hawken earlier this year, but good ones are getting harder to find.

BP is available from Grafs, among others, but the Hazmat fees jack up the price unless you buy a lot.

What fresh Hell is this?