I'm going to offer a slightly different opinion that agrees with Leon's brother on a great TC load.

Originally Posted by LeonHitchcox
My brother has an Impact and it is very accurate. It has the usual TC tight bore and can be hard to load. My brother uses the Hornady 250 grain SSTs in the easy load sabots. The rifle is an easy 150 yard deer rifle. The trigger is great too. The shroud that covers the back of the barrel takes some getting used to, but all in all it is a fine rifle.

AFAIK, all TC barrels are the same 1 in 28 twist shallow groove rifling that were designed to shoot sabots and do it extremely well ... as in very accurate.

I've tested five different sabots using a 250 grain SST and the most accurate, and easy to load, is the red Hornady High Speed Low Drag sabot. This sabot/bullet combo has shot very well in my TC Omega with 777 or BH209.

I chose to go with a SST because they can driven at higher velocity, have a slightly flatter trajectory (vs a PB), and they're one of the least expensive projectiles @ $15.99 per 20.

My go to load for deer is ...

250 SST HSLD sabot
WW 209 primer (less blow by than a CCI 209)
BH209 110 grains by volume (77.3 by weight)

Ten shot average speed: 1992 FPS

This load will produce 1" groups @ 100 fairly consistently (wind is often a factor where I shoot) but never over 2".