Bob,Lapua has never made a recommendation of the Scenar as a game bullet, I suspect they never will. I dont think they care..Like you said they have bullets like the Oryx that are great game bullets,and are popular with the Scandinavians that use the bulk of them.

Interestingly enough, Berger never recommended their bullets for hunting either, in fact it never crossed Walt's mind that his bullets would become popular hunting bullets, but he got enough feedback that they started marketing them as hunting bullets.

But wouldn't you know, Lapua has had basically the same bullet design since what, 1918? I dont know without looking it up, but they go back at least to the 20's when that feller won the Wimbledon with a 300 H&H, using Lapua Scenar bullets.

Using that info, one can assume, with a bit of testing that the Scenar might work pretty good as a hunting bullet, even tho the manufacturer dont market them as such.

To a lesser extent the SMK is in the same category, in fact I can distinctly remember Craig Boddington being flogged by readers/internet types for recommending the SMK for hunting..Even tho I suspect his personal opinion has not changed, I bet if he ever uses an SMK again it will suddenly become a partition in his written document, because of the public outcry he got when Sierra didn't back him up.

Last edited by rosco1; 09/24/14.