Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Yes, or cut the damned barrel down!!!!!!! It's been on my mind and I'm reminded how much I don't like the 26" barrel every time I take it out. It's just too long. I love the cartridge and rifle and it shoots great. Would you cut it down to 22", 23" or 24" or just sell it?? Help a brother out... Here's the rifle in question:

[Linked Image]

Here is how it shoots. Slow plinking loads with RL22 powder (different charge wts/ developing loads):
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Little faster loads with RL25:
[Linked Image]]
[Linked Image]
[img]http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x401/chiefbsa/012-18.jpg[/img]

I'm on the fence with this one. It's a 5 digit (I believe) classic stainless and is totally reliable, action is smooth as butter. Trigger is great at 2.5 pounds. What say you guys??

Man, seems like a great candidate to send over to JES and have made into something like the 7LRM or 7mm Mashburn Super Mag... whistle

Honestly, I would chop two inches off of it BSA. 24" barrels work excellent with the 7mm Rem Mag. Mine is an older XTR and I actually get a little more speed with the same charges your showing with your 26.

My old 7mm Rem Mag is going to become my 7MSM soon though. I plan on sending JES the reamer, having him set the barrel back a thread to clean up the chamber/throat and start with something new.

I can't see ever being with a good 7mm Mag or two.

Semper Fi