Originally Posted by Mule Deer
2muchgun,

I love this line from your post about perceived recoil in the .204 and .223: "As for the poll, I feel people will always have the tendency to choose the smaller cartridge...."

Gee, you think that might be because smaller cartridges recoil less?

That may very well be, of course. And in most cases, they do recoil less. But there are times when this could seem to be true on the surface, yet the smaller cartridge/combo could, in fact, recoil a bit more. You know what I mean, and I know I don't have to cite examples for you (and really don't want to have togrin. )

Anyway, I'm not arguing with you on this. I'm not taking this quite as seriously as yourself and Drover, but enjoy the discussion nonetheless. I don't dispute anything you said. Just telling you my feelings/experience.

As I stated, if said 204 combo does recoil less than said 223 combo, so be it. But again, I think you guys are splitting hairs. It isn't enough for ME to tell/feel, or to affect MY seeing hits. And, as stated, I feel other factors would have greater influence in that regard, than the minute difference in recoil energy .

JMO......