The Hodgdon data is from their current on-line data, the Nosler data is from their current on-line data. This is data that is available to the general public. Since you are a gunwriter you may have access to information not generally available, however to attempt to belittle someone for using the public data is should be beneath you.

The blanket statement that is usually given is that the 204 recoils less than the 223, this is totally incorrect unless it is quantified.

I could go through each manual available and do the math but given your propensity to find fault with any data I present, or the method the company used to obtain it, I doubt that it would have any effect on your opinion on the subject.

But again the subject has changed from felt recoil to how reloading data is measured. It is still my contention that given max, or near max, with the same bullet weight (40 gr) the recoil differences are so near equal as to be insignificant.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.