Originally Posted by rosco1
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
I've had no trouble hitting 10" rocks at 1130 yards with a 6x scope, so I guess you can tell that I'm not a high-mag kinda guy grin
[Linked Image]

Guess it's personal preference, but gonna have to call BS on the above!

Never call BS on a guy you've never seen shoot. You should know better wink I'm not saying it was a hit every time I pulled the trigger, but hits were commonplace, and the magnification/reticle certainly were no hindrance.

Hell, I was there!! grin

I have to assume you've shot MOA size steel targets at that range without issue as well?

Just wondering because rock shooters have a tendency to make a lot more hits than they can on steel..At least thats been what i've seen.

Certainly aint sayin it cant be done,i've just been conditioned to roll my eyes at rock shooters, seen them try to duplicate the feats on steel at my range,never seems ot work out in their favor smile

Yep. Everyone who's shot a rifle or shotgun you've talked to would be a National Champion if you believed what comes out of their mouth.

MOA sized targets are an issue AT ANY RANGE, much less 1130 yards. The 10" rock Jordan speaks of is about .83 MOA at that distance. At 6X, well, I have to LOL.

We shoot steel that is in the 2 MOA range at just about every match in general. That means 6" targets out to 360 and 12" from there on out. A 12" target from 800 on out is not an easy target in field conditions.

The Steel Safari actually threw in some really tiny targets around an MOA. At 20X, a 5" hanger at 440 yards isn't a gimmee and I certainly wouldn't want a 6X scope on my rifle for any of the targets.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.