Originally Posted by rcamuglia
Going by what Hodgdon's data center says is a poor indicator of reality

No doubt. When it matches your chronograph, it's hard to ignore though, at least it is for me. And to be clear, I'm not saying it's right.

Originally Posted by Dogshooter
I shot the 123 Scenar at 3k easily out if a 23" 1-8" .260 using Lapua brass and three or four different powders. You're WAY overthinking this thing....

No doubt I'm over-thinking it, and making some mistakes in the process. I like to make my own mistakes, they make a bigger impression on me than anything else. Thanks for running the QL, if I'm reading that right it predicts 2981 for a 24" barrel, another data point that says my chrono may be a little low.

And I hear you on adjusting the velocity so that it matches the furthest I'll shoot and accepting the smaller error in close, that makes sense. It's off the actuals at 400 by around a half MOA, which I can live with for now. I think RC just adjusted the MV upward to get it to match at 550, I may go back and drop the MV a little and play with the BC to see if I can get a better match at the shorter distances.

Thanks for the help.

A wise man is frequently humbled.