Originally Posted by Reloder28
Mr. Burns,
I have zero experience behind any optics intended for long range hunting. My two best recorded kills were 400 yard shots, one running wide open porker & the other was still. This was with the Leupold 6x42. So, no way I have any experience to compare with yours. Don't you think I can get my feet wet enough with an FFP. I do intend to go with the mil/mil and have zero experience with that too. I am going to have to come up on the learning curve from some starting point & did not think I wanted to start with a SFP.

I notice NightForce has a great many SFP offerings so,there must be something there for most LRH shooters. It's just not tangible for me yet.

Reloader28,

I think most of the guys get along well with a FFP, it's just not my preference. If you have never used one then it would be a smart move to give one a try and find out how it works for your shooting.

The SWFA stuff is priced right and lots of the guys are very happy with the product. If you decide it isn't right for you I bet you can find the scope a new owner and only have a minimal dent in your wallet for the experience.

The undeniable advantage to FFP is that the substensions remain consistent at all magnifications.

The trade off is that the reticle is overly bold and distracting at the top end and is hard to find at speed or in low light at the bottom end.

I prefer SFP knowing that it is a compromise but lots of others prefer FFP.

Good luck but just put in the time on rocks and steel before shooting game. grin

Thanks to everyone on the bull except Tanner can GFY for the Seinfield reference. laugh laugh

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.