Originally Posted by Everyday Hunter
Originally Posted by nighthawk
Oh man, do you ever have that wrong.

DD gets lots of stuff wrong.

Originally Posted by derby_dude
I have finally become convinced that Christianity is NOT a religion or Church....

Right so far.

...but each individual's attempt to build a relationship with their God and obtain Enlightenment.

Wrong on both counts.

Going to Church or belonging to an organization does not make one a Christian.

He got this right, and most people I know who call themselves Christians would agree.

Steve.

I do make minor mistakes occasionally but for the most part I'm right.

You have one of two choices: join organized religion i.e. a Church and follow the ruling hierarchy or be a mastic and develop a personal relationship with your Deity and become enlightened.

In early Christianity there were two camps, the organized Church camp under a ruling hierarchy and the Gnostic (mystic) camp without a ruling hierarchy. The first camp stressed salvation through the hierarchy and the second camp stressed salvation through a personal relationship with God, mysticism.

The first camp declared the second camp heretics and persecuted the second camp severely.

We still have the two camps today although the second camp is not usually persecuted today.

So what are you a follower or a mystic?

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude