I just got one as you saw in the listed thread. Eye relief is short, compared to my Leupolds and Nikons. Not horrible but noticeably shorter. Eye box is big for the eye relief, good clear glass. I like the Z-plex #20 over Leupold standard Duplex. Scope is light, clicks are a little mushy, but other than zeroing they wont get moved. Had no trouble mounting it in Leupold medium windage rings and bases. Plenty of room for and aft even with a #4 Hart on a long action 700. Not impressed with the rear focusing ring. Works well enough, PIA to put a rear flip up on, so I don't care for them on any brand. Haven't shot it yet, put it on a back up deer rifle 338-06AI 9lb #4 Hart in a McM Classic. If the eye relief causes issues it will go on a softer recoiling gun. That is my 1st impressions. I got mine for 280.00 delivered so I am pleased so far for the money I spent. I think there are better options if you are spending the $449.00 they list for JMHO. Camera Land still had a few open box specials, with the $50.00 rebate about 2 weeks ago, both 4-12 and 3-9.