Phil;
Top of the morning to you sir, I hope you and yours are doing well so far into the day.

On the subject of two legged predators, a local EMT who is also a fellow hunter/shooter was relating to me that he was first responder on a call years back where a couple of local chaps involved in the pharmaceutical business had some franchising issues.

Anyway chap one was attempting to enter the door of number two's house when he received a charge of buckshot to the front of his chest - which spun him 180� - whereupon he was given a Foster slug between the shoulder blades for insurance.

The EMT noted that while the insurance shot was likely not required, none of the projectiles exited......

On a bear related note, I had occasion to speak at some length with a bear biologist here in BC some years back who had converted from a pump 12 gauge with slugs to a Featherweight '06 with 200gr Partitions.

He was what I felt at the time being intentionally vague about why he'd abandoned the slugs Phil, but I do recall he was quite certain they didn't work as he'd wanted them to. wink

Thanks as always for taking the time to share your real world experience with different cartridge/bullet combinations, I for one very much appreciate it.

All the best to you and yours this fall Phil.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"