I was at a new but fairly well stocked LGS today and got the opportunity to do a side by side size comparison between a few pistols.

I see guys post all the time about pocket carry with guns such as the Springfield XDS and the Smith Shield.

My primary interest today was finding a pocket holster for the Shield, and seeing how it fit/looked/drew from my pocket.

I first did a side by side comparison between the Shield, the XDS, and the Bodyguard .380.
There was no real comparison with the Bodyguard. The other 2 pistols absolutely dwarfed it.

And... I did not find any pocket holsters on the wall for the XDS or the Shield. The shop did allow me to insert one, and then the other, into my right front jeans pocket.
Guys... I'm 6'7" and weigh in at 375. In a pair of Carhartt carpenters jeans there is no room for either the Shield, or the XDS. And especially not if a guy should need to sit down... Getting into the cab of my F250 would be a real chore with either in a pocket.

Now, I've used both the Shield, and the XDS on a range. Both great shooters and easier to shoot well than my Bodyguard.
Cut to the chase, for pocket carry, anything more than a Bodyguard is too much for any pants pocket that I own...

What kind of pants do you guys wear???

"Chances Will Be Taken"