Originally Posted by johnw
I see guys post all the time about pocket carry with guns such as the Springfield XDS and the Smith Shield.

My primary interest today was finding a pocket holster for the Shield, . . ' And... I did not find any pocket holsters on the wall for the XDS or the Shield. The shop did allow me to insert one, and then the other, into my right front jeans pocket . . .
What kind of pants do you guys wear???

Just pulled this out of the right pocket of a pair of Wrangler Originals for this picture. Notice that's a Pearce grip adapter on a 6 round 40 S&W mag on the Shield. Same grip as the 7 round but but better concealabilty because it's shorter at the heel.

The holster is a DeSantis Nemesis size U4. Snug to keep in right orientation but pretty easy to draw.

[Linked Image]

Switch over to either of the ones below - MS Nexus - and you can do double duty with one pistol as a BUG and EDC. Same mag configuration as the BUG for max conceal (top) or more capacity with the 7 round mag (below). YMMV with a 9mm, same dimensions.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

IMHO the Shield in either 9mm or 40 S&W is still the preferred choice

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty of give me death! P. Henry

Deus vult!

Rhodesians all now