Sorry I had to edit my warning as it read wrong . I guess that�s what happens when I write in WP .

Yes with the lyman rifles , they were having issues with people adjusting the triggers to light and they were going off when accidentally jarred . As with most liability issues , the company started installing the shorter screw .

With your issue , if the screw was all the way in and you had the longer adjustment screw , the rear trigger would not engage the front no mater how hard you pulled.

As to the issue of the rear trigger pull being to hard .
Some double set have a 2nd larger adjustment screw . What this screw does is act as a stop for the set trigger main spring . IE it doesn�t allow the spring to apply full pressure on the rear trigger .
Those that don�t have that adjustment , are adjusted by removing the trigger and backing of the main spring screw just a � to half turn .
But it should also be noted that you have to keep the trigger main spring tight enough that it provides enough tension on the rear trigger so that when it trips , it will still have enough force to dislodge the sear from the full cock notch and thus fire the lock

[Linked Image]