Originally Posted by DocRocket
Originally Posted by tjm10025
Originally Posted by DocRocket

It's interesting that the Feds (with or without Obama's "leadership") finally put some air travel restrictions in effect yesterday. Restrictions that probably should have been put in place 4-6 months ago at least.

The feds are just screening at the five airports for symptoms, right?

If you're coming from Liberia, show no symptoms, you're allowed through and then you can develop symptoms later at your destination in, say, Houston or Atlanta?

I presume there's some form of public health followup on persons coming in with visas from west African countries on these flights, but who knows?

And we still have no assurances that folks who fly from Liberia to Germany and then to the USA are being screened at all.

So, yeah, it's a token effort by the Feds, I think, but at least it shows that they're recognizing that the citizens are NOT happy with their bungling of the situation so far and they're trying to show that they're doing SOMEthing. I am personally and professionally more gratified to see that more dollars, equipment, and personnel are being sent to west Africa to clean up the outbreak over there, which is where the REAL danger to the USA and the world lies.

On a brighter local note, my little local hospital out here in BFE has been notified that we will be receiving two (2) biohazard suits some time in the future for our ER staff to use in the event of an Ebola victim showing up here. Never mind that if he comes into our ER, our whole hospital will be basically shut down for 2-5 days... sheesh. We have a bunch of maroons running this country.

It's damage control for ze row. Like searching wheel chair grannies at the airport.

It's so if SHTF the Afreakan can say we did 'the best we can'.

Last edited by eyeball; 10/22/14.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.