Originally Posted by GunGeek
Originally Posted by DeereJohn
I figure with this being something that takes a few days for people to start showing symptoms from that if it was ever used as a weapon the terriorist wouldn't do anything like a suicide belt.They would try to get as many people infected before panic sat in.They would probaly hit buffet style resturants in major cities .
I think you need to read up on viruses and biological weapons in general. In the history of virology, no virus has ever mutated from bloodborne to airborne, either by natural mutation or man made mutation. Because it can be contracted from someone sneezing on you, does not make it airborne, not even close.

Not only that, both chemical and biological weapons are VERY difficult to manufacture in a way that they can be distributed as a weapon. This is why we haven't seen large use of chemical or biological weapons, very few nations have the expertise to actually weaponize an toxin.

It's just not an easy thing to do. Building nukes is FAR easier than making truly effective bio weapons.
I stated that It's NOT airborn,but can live a long time outside the body.It could be smuggled in liquid form,and used to contaminate food either in a restaurant,or produce section of the grocery store..It dosn't take the expertise you think.Have you ever heard of a pox blanket,or the method of catipulting diseased corpses into a castle under seize?.