Originally Posted by Klikitarik

With smaller animals any bullet has that potential. I can think of several doubles I've had with caribou (where we have a 5/day limit) where a second animal is not much concern other than the possibility of an ugly wounding shot.

One such case happened for me when I stuck a large bull with a 100 Corelokt in 6mm. The pass-through struck a cow in the jaw and she took off like she had a fire under her tail until I gave her another, more lethal, shot.

I have also doubled with the 200 NBT in a 340; a 100 XFB in 7mm-08; a 150 XFB in 30-06 (which passed through both); and watched my son tag two reindeer with one 150 grain Interlock (contract over-run) with his 280.

I think I only ever caught one 100 Sierra Pro-Hunter in my 6 while killing several dozen caribou with it; never doubled, but the potential was probably there. I also never caught a 140 XFB in 7mm-08, also without doubling, so it also could have. (I did catch a 120 TSX in 7mm-08 the first time out with them...go figure!)

I have bullets of every flavor I've collected from moose- from Interlocks and Gamekings, to Partitions, A-Frames, and Grand Slams, as well as several X iterations of .338, .358 and .375. I've also gotten pass-throughs on moose with everything from NBTs and Core-lokts through Fail-Safes and XFBs so you always need to be aware with any of them.

That's an eye opener for me. Thanks for the info.

LOL