Can't speak about moose out west but here in Northwestern Ontario moose in November can be real tough. Locals refer to it as the November Hide. They are recuperating from the rut and don't seem to move much at all. Real cold weather will do it.

I once had a small bull on my trapline in a small swale between 2 marten cubbies and that bull I saw every day for the first 3 weeks of November. He stayed in an area not much bigger than my living room--that little swale was full of red-ozier dogwood--a favorite food hereabouts.

First week of December and moose tend to group up and move around more--its not unusual to see 4 or 5 or 6 together.

I've always said that if I only had 5 days to hunt moose it would be the last 5 days of the season--10th thru 15th of December.

Having a good moose season here but no big bulls--lots of cows and calves and small bulls but no luck on the big boys. I was concerned after the bad winter we had last year but the moose seem to have made thru it just fine. Calves are all good sized and seen a couple of twins.