In my meager experience I will add that if they are not moving, then, especially if its due to warmth, we have no choice but to go to the thick dark stuff out of the sun, in as cool a spots as we can find, and if in a steep draw full of alders or such, on hillsides.. then thats where we have to go.

I've been told you can't walk up on moose. But my wife and I have done that more than a few times over maybe 3 years of learning to hunt them. Wind and noise are factors.... as is going slow. I suspect most folks think them dumb and that they will hang around for anything. The ones we've walked up on in thicker stuff, have been asleep and we've been within 30 yards or so before they become aware of us.

So if what you are doing isn't working, move on to another theory.

Always sort of wondered if mini drives in thickets would work. But most moose hunters don't seem to want to work that hard. Or get off their ATVs for that matter.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....