Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
and the nurse tested negative for ebola.

I dunno what the blood test tests for; the virus itself or the antibodies to the same. In either case in the early days of infection I believe both would turn up negative.

It would be instructive to know if the idiot ebola doctor tested negative on arrival too.

Birdwatcher

From what I understand the test will not show positive until a person is showing the symptoms of ebola. The test detects the presence of the virus and when there's no significant viral load the test comes out negative. Basically, there is no early detection of the disease.

The problem I see with this issue is the administration has no plan in place to deal with returning healthcare providers. The nurse was upset with the way she treated and I can't fault her for that.

It's the typical Obama administration reactionary way to deal with a crisis instead of having a plan in place. She wasn't the first healthcare provider to return to the US and she won't be the last. The helter skelter nobody knows what to do or who's in charge at the airport is ridiculous. There has to be a better way to deal with this.