Originally Posted by sawtoothsteve
txhunter,

Thanks for the referrence. From what I could find on powder info, would it be accurate to say that your 90 gr of fffg would be equivalent to more than 100 gr of ffg?

I am shooting a 30 inch barrel, so thought the ffg v. fffg would be the way to go to get a slower burn but witht he longer barrel still get a full burn. Am I thinking of this correctly?

I had been under the impression that fffg was for shorter barrels and pistols.

Thanks

I have not found that much difference between ffg and fffg 777 in my guns. The biggest thing for me is the smaller granules work better for me in sidelocks and in my White.

Rule of thumb is that ffg 777 is 15% hotter than pyrodex or black powder. So a 90 gr load would be equivalent to just over 100 gr black powder/pyrodex. fffg might ad another 2-3% in my experience. The only way you will know how your gun will shoot it is by trying it, don't think you can rely on barrel length. I am not sure a 30" barrel will burn 100% of either powder. That said, in my other 2 inlines (Knight LRH and T/C Omega), I use ffg (when I am not using Blackhorn)

If you are getting decent groups, which you seem to be, I would stay with what you are using

Venor ergo sum