Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Sounds like y'all had a good hunt, and in a beautiful place. Thanks for sharing the story and pictures.
Down in Florida, we don't, of course, have Elk or mountains. I love to see how it's done way out West.

In my 20+ years of elk hunting, this was the first time I've done it that way. Our usual elk hunt is in a wall tent or I'll drag my pop-up trailer if the party is small. This one we had a log home rented and watched the world series in the evenings on satellite TV, just like the boys down in TX.

The elk are still plenty wild and I would hazard a guess that if I set up a natural blind and sat for 8 days straight for 12 hours a day I'd probably have the same success. The private ground gives you few other options than to sit and wait. Usually after a few hours of sitting, I'm up crashing green timber until the evening sit.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]