I've killed a lot of big game in Texas. I was fortunate to be able to hunt a high dollar ranch in Lavaca County for several seasons. I could never afford to hunt a ranch like that...my brother got me on the place and took care of my end. The first time I went I killed a buck that scored 163 and 7/8. After the morning hunt, we came back to the ranch house and ate a biga$$ breakfast. Then hunted in the afternoon, and at night we ate biga$$ steaks, or fajitas...we always cooked outside on the grill. And we always had a big fire going in the fire ring. We drank good whiskey every evening. We slept in good beds, and were able to take hot showers. We had some great camaraderie outside around that big fire that we always had going. We ate great food, drank great whiskey, shot some good deer, and had an absolute blast all the way around. I loved every second of it.
I've done more hunting on my own though, in rough country, with no amenities at all...and I've loved it too...moreso than any other kind of hunting I've done.
But those high-dollar hunts in Texas were damn fun to me, and if I could afford it, I'd do a lot more of it...in addition to the kind of hunting that I normally do.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.