Originally Posted by RichardAustin
Well, I have fallen in line and voted for McCain and Romney, and I will ask you what I have asked myself - what good did that do beyond telling the GOP anybody they put in front of me I'll vote for.

========

Fair question.

McCain sucked even though he was my dad's classmate and had my respect. He was not my candidate choice.

Romney was and he got both my money and my vote.

All I knew was this. McCain and Romney, the only two who had a viable chance of beating Obama,were the only two men who had a chance of garnering the 100 million votes plus it took to insure Obama didn't give us what he has given us. I then voted for those men.They had a viable chance.

Please tell me what a vote for a 500K candidate did for our country other than appease the arrogance of principled voters.

I dumped about 12K into the 2012 campaign. Lost my ass straight down the line. Romney was our only hope of winning, right? Yeah, ask me to vote for a man who wasn't even allowed in the debates.

Here's my principle. The GOP platform beats the DNC platform.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward