That is what the latest gun rags and recent loading manuals are telling me, and I am surprised. I am certain that with heavier bullets (not needed in the Whelen) the 375 Ruger would pull away some, but according to the articles I have just read and what I see in load data, all three push a 250gr bullet to 2500-2600fps.

NOW I am seeing why the old timers loved or at least revered elthis round so much! This Whelen cartridge is a powerful workhorse of a cartridge.

I just managed to wiggle my way into my very first ever 35 Whelen, and got it pretty cheap because it is a re bored from 30/06 model 7600. I put a Burris 30mm tube 1x-5x33 scope atop it and so far I like it a lot. Going to run 250gr Interlocks and / or 225gr TSX's through it and try to smack and elk with it post Kidney transplant and recovery. Maybe a black bear, too.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500