I think the Ruger No. 1 appeals to very small niche of the shooting community. Thinking of the shooters that I know � about 16 � only one had a No. 1 .45-70 and later sold it off when the �novelty� of a single shot faded away.

Also think that accuracy is something that goes against the No. 1. Seems to me that the No. 1 is � as Ned Roberts would say � not noted for its �gilt edge� accuracy. Otherwise I believe might see more of them on the shooting ranges.

Sooner or later everyone who desires one will have they want and the demand will dry up or quickly taper off. Witness the M94 Winchester, the Browning Black Powder Cartridge Rifle, and the Ruger Ol� Army.

My SWAG (Scientific Wilds Arsed Guess) is that Ruger will continue the No.1 in standard and not standard/obsolete calibres, but in limited runs to dealers like Lipsey. Ruger collectors and those who prefer certain calibres in a single shot will buy them. And something else to think about: a company cannot stay in business and still make what does not sell in large numbers but in some instances limited number or small runs usually sell to the enthusiasts.

A No. 1 S .45-70 recently followed me home from Cabela�s. A .303 British might be hard to refuse also. But then again, I do have a preference for single shot rifles and the .45 calibre rifle rounds�.

The most important aspect of this signature line is that you don't realize it doesn't say anything significant until you are done reading it & then it is too late to stop reading it....