Originally Posted by Ron_T
Not really, Reelman...

Bill Ruger loved his own "special rifle"... the #1. It was his "baby" and he designed and built it because he NEEDED and WANTED to design and build it.

Unfortunately, the new "management" at Ruger doesn't have that same "love" for the #1... possibly their "eye" is more on "PROFIT"... not a "dirty 6-letter word" in the world of business.

Jus' my 2�... wink

Strength & Honor...

Ron T.

Without the 6 letter word profit Ruger would not be in business. I believe Bill Ruger was a very good business man and the #1 came out at the perfect time for a single shot rifle but like others have said the novelty has long ago worn off. If the #1's were still popular and selling good Ruger would be making them. A company doesn't discontinue something because there is to much demand for it and they're making to much money on it!

25 years ago you cold walk into a store and see 3 or 4 #1's on the rack, and maybe even a #3 for good measure, but now if you did that they would sit on the rack and never sell. Other than a couple people who collect them there isn't much interest in them.

I've had a couple #1's and like someone else said the accuracy was not that great, in fact it was just mediocre.