I can only speak generally as I live on the opposite side of the state but have been there several times. It is an old river town (Mississippi) with some grand, big, old homes, and areas, and some trashy areas too. But you are on the Miss flyway and of course there is fishing on the grand old river.

Eastern Iowa is generally more timbered than the north and the west so deer and turkeys should be ubiquitous. The only issue is working out access. Pheasants are generally down everywhere but they are still there if you are willing to put in the effort though it is not the best are of the state for them. The NE corner of the state even has some ruffed grouse and trout streams with mostly hatchery trout placed.

There is at least one four year liberal arts college - St Ambrose College - and Palmer Chiropractic College is in Davenport.

Iowa is largely a farming state and generally "red" except in the urban areas like Iowa City, Des Moines, Ames, and Davenport which often tilt the state "blue." Though we did just elect conservative Republican Jodi Earnst to the senate.

I don't know of sporting good stores or eating places as mentioned above but am sure there are some good ones; I have been to a few but can't recall their names. You are just an interstate 45-50 minutes to the east of Iowa City, the University of Iowa and world class health care. Davenport does have at least one teaching hospital and perhaps more. I do not know about the school systems. The Interstate by the way transects the state from Davenport in the east all the way to the west, and then south to Omaha and north to Sioux City on the Missourri.

That's about it from the top of my head