Yes their deer do have huge bodies. His neck was very big also but that was the rut. A buddy shot one the first day and they had it cut up before we got in that night, but they told him it was 300# live weight. They don't gut in the field and they don't even want you out of the blind. When we shot we stayed in the blind and texted them they came out and picked up the deer whole.

I had a gentleman ask me about my hunting garb and other details so:
Yes it is King of the Mountain wool. I wore one pair of Darn Tough wool socks, heavy Minus 33 wool underwear, wool pants, Woolrich wool long sleeve shirt, KOM wool shirt/jac, KOM Hillbilly wool bibs, and the KOM Standmaster coat, which has a liner in it also. For boots I just had 400 gram thinsulate Danner leather boot but used Ice Breaker boot blankets. I used KOM wool mittens. Inside my mittens and boot blankets I used hand warmers which lasted about 8 hours. My shirt pocket over my heart I used a larger hand warmer, and those hand warmers worked great.

We did hunt in ground or elevated blinds but they were not heated. I did take a propane heater but I only used it one time, and that was the first day in an elevated plastic blind. I thought I could leave a window open but it wasn't very airtight and with snow and wind coming in the window, I finally shut the window. Then I was a little leary about using the propane, and with the window closed, I was fine. It did get to 0 to 5 above Fahrenheit/-15 to -20 celsius each night, warming very little through the day.

We did get a sack lunch and I took a small thermos for coffee. They had bottled water and I took one every day. By the time I was ready for lunch or water, they were all frozen. Lettuce on a sandwich is pretty crisp when frozen!! Coffee stayed warm so that was all I drank through the day.

Harley Nault is located near Pierceland, Saskatchewan

Mark

USE ENOUGH GUN (Ruark) and YOU CAN'T EVER HAVE TOO MANY (me)