Alberta and Manitoba got hit hard too. Parts of Manitoba were changed to bucks only and there is talk of closures. There were recommendations of closures in Saskatchewan, but the G-men are so addicted to the revenue that they wouldn't hear of it. I talk to resident hunters that never even see a deer most days. There are pockets of good populations, and deer can be concentrated on good baits but it isn't good. The age classes of bucks that produce the trophies die first on bad winters. Next its the fawns and then the unborn fawns get reabsorbed. Right now there is a near absence of fawns of the year, and a shortage of trophy age bucks. Even if a old buck makes it through, being stressed during the winter will affect his antler growth the next year. Its going to be like the 70s if things don't shape up.

A new warm trip in Namibia, or a hunting/girl watching trip in Argentina would be a better use of funds for those with options. Me, I'll just leave my hale bales where they can find them and hope for the best. Field where they were growth works well.

We've already got enough snow for good snowmobiling, which is about a month earlier than was normal for many years. Throw a late spring on that and we'll have anther wreck.

Life begins at 40. Recoil begins at "Over 40" Coincidence? I don't think so.